Saturday, May 13, 2006

Unbelievable! Wednesday I felt fine, by Thursday morning I had a cold. I felt yucky and the cold traveled all around my body until Friday when overnight it decided to live in my sinuses. It is still residing in my sinuses, but I do seem to be getting better.

So Sean asked me if I was interested in going to the movies this weekend Wednesday night, if Mike wasn't coming over...a caveat that didn't make me too happy. I told him yes that would be nice. Honestly I didn't think he was putting to much stock in the whole idea. So then later in the evening I said something about maybe he should put some priority on spending time with his faithful old friend Charlotte instead of always waiting on Mike to commit to things. He said that I was faithful...maybe we could do something during the week.

Anyway I figured that as most of our plans are it was a good intentioned vapor. So I talked to him on the phone later in the week and said well I'll see you Sunday. He said I plan to talk to Mike tomorrow then I'll let you know Thursday. Friday I called him to tell him about my new laser printer :) thinking about my laser printer makes me smile. He was happy for me and told me that he had spent the day with his Dad. His dad wasn't feeling well and spent most of the day sleeping rather than going to the hospital for his treatment. So Sean stayed at the house with him while he mom went and ran around. I guess his dad's chemo has made his feet all tingly and he has trouble walking around. All together it sounds like his Dad is weakening. Possibly dying in my opinion. So then we said good bye. A few hours later dad said I had a call..and it was Sean. He said he wouldn't be seeing Mike until Sunday and wanted to know if I wanted to go and see a movie Saturday. I agreed but told him I wasn't feeling to good so I might have to back out at the last minute. He said that was ok.

So I woke up this morning. After a not the most restful but not the worst sleep anyone has ever had and realized that I shouldn't go to the movies. I had the realization that with his dad so ill it's important not to expose Sean to more germs than necessary. I also realized that I wasn't even excited about going to see the movie because I feel so tired, sick and rundown. So I got up, took a shower, gave my remaining lesson away to Sherri and went to BP. When I got back I called Sean and told him that I wasn't feeling well and asked for a raincheck. He said that was ok it would probably be running for a while yet. I told him that I had a sinus headache, I'm still congested and that I am grumpy right now so I wouldn't make a good companion but that I did really want to go with him and that I wasn't even sure if I would make it to church tomorrow.

Then I spent the late morning messing with Chase. I brushed him and then cleaned out his feet. Then with mother's coaching I put Tiger hair fiberglass putty in his whole in his foot. I am hoping that support will make him more comfortable and sounder and that it will prevent his foot from just breaking off as that hole grows down towards the ground. I also put reducine on his cornet bands to encourage hoof growth.

I also played with Feather. I'm trying to get her to like me again. Ever since last Saturday when she got all bent out of shape when I was trying to lunge her after a lesson and she reared twice because she wanted to go back with the herd who was getting ready to lead. She has been acting weird when people try to handle her. So I buddied up to her while she was taking a nap. Then later I tried to catch her after she got up but she ran away from me. Later though she came back up to me while I was leaning on the gate. I gave her a carrot after a while. She seemed more relaxed around me.

Then I came in and fixed a beef stew in the crock put for tomorrow, mother's day. It is currently simmering in the crock pot. While I was cutting the carrots Debbie called to see if I wanted to take her to church. I said I would be happy to but I warned her about my cold. I also told her that I was missing the kids and hoped they would come to church please tell them. Debbie's hearing is monday regarding those unpaid bills that they had warrants out for her arrest on.

Sean's uncle Terry also has cancer-his dad's brother..colon cancer. Also sherri's step son in law has leukemia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home