Monday, May 22, 2006

Today I am reeling from things i learned yesterday. Pastor Hipple announced his resignation from Friendship after 17 years of being Pastor. He explained how the Lord had provided him with the new position that he has at US airways that allows him to work from home most of the time and how being our pastor has been a very good thing. Now he wants to start a work either in Delmont or Blairsville, he is leaning towards Delmont. He knows of no looming problems at Friendship. It came as a shock to most of the congregation. I think he is following the Lord's will but it's hard to imagine Friendship without the Hipples. I think it made Sean pretty sad. Which is sad, because he had been in a very upbeat mood during the morning. I'm glad he stayed for lunch. I can't imagine why he did considering he was planning to go with his sister to look at some dining room furniture that someone might give him. I'm glad that he heard it for himself rather than 2nd hand from someone else.

I've known Pastors leaving, he hasn't. So I think it makes it harder for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home