Tuesday, September 25, 2007


The knee knows~
I got my ACL reconstruction and my meniscus repair surgery on September 5th.

I had Dr Neushwander of Monroeville do it for me.

It was an outpatient procedure....uggg it should have been an inpatient..the first 72 hour were painful and difficult. After the pain let up then I had Charley horses in my left calf. Had to go the next week to get tested for a blood clot. There was none, thankfully!

I am walking with crutches and the knee pain is controlled by Advil. I stopped taking the Oxycodone 8 days after surgery. I had withdrawal reactions including sweats, hot, irritability. I sort of flipped out..and cleaned the kitchen, washed my hair and hollered at Dad.

I get frustrated at every PT visit. But I really like my Pt therapist. Her name is Angie.

At my 2 week visit the dr did not release me to unlock my brace. However I do when I want to..which bothers Angie. From now on I will keep my lack of following direction to myself..that will keep her from getting frustrated. (me too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home