Monday, August 06, 2007

A lot has changed. I was not "invited" back to Praise Christian for the new school year. It stinks to have people disappointed enough in how I teach that they choose to fire me. However I think that the parents must have been talking to Mrs. Jacobs and the school higher ups. When I asked why she said my curriculum had reached a plateau. I think the core of my problem was a lack of communication home. I didn't have printers so I wasn't sending papers home and my reports through the report cards must not have been good enough, because in reality the curriculum I teach is quite advanced for the ages of the students that I teach...which is why the older kids have such a hard time learning it. I guess I needed to do newsletters, get stuff printed, and send home CDs with their stuff on it. But it was hard in a lab that had few working printers, cdr drives that only sometimes open, and old computers that don't have them, as well as cameras and scanners that don't work. I guess live and learn.

I am peaceful about not going back I just wish that it had been my decision instead of theirs. However it is nice to know for sure that God has closed that chapter in my life. Now I need to get back on the substitute lists so that I can earn a meager income. Hopefully I will be able to visit people more as a substitute. I am praying about God's will for my life. Within 2 years I should be ready for a job as a counselor. LORD WILLING.

Sean's sister Patty was visiting. She took a insurance coding course last year. She seems to think that she leaped into that without praying about it..both she and her best friend.

Sean is activated now...suppose to travel 50% of the time, but this month he only will be gone 4 days...to Jamaica...:) that doesn't sound too bad to me Aug 21-25. He still needs a real job. This one is temporary. He will be the person who keeps the records for one plane and cleans it, sets up the seats, fuels it...etc. I see it as he is the planes Mama..I guess Papa would be more the word he would like.

Chase is sound...really for the first time in 2 years other than spurts of soundness. His lameness was due to 2 sets of abcesses that damaged his hoof wall over the last couple of years. He seems to like being ridden and I have been doing quite a lot of that over the last 2 weeks. I have had him to the bottom ring both top rings and have done a small amount of woods trail riding with him. Sat I rode him bareback. So far so good.

Luke isn't doing too badly on his trail training. Dad took him out Sat...and they did a woods ride. Luke was so relaxed that he fell down onto his knees on the trail. Dad seemed bemused by that but willing to give the old boy another chance.

Sonny has been lame for the last month. Why is a mystery. I think maybe the hard ground. I have done blisters on his legs, soaked his foot etc. (front left is lame). He's not head bobbing lame he just a little short....I guess God wants me to work Chase right now.

Rio is doing good. I think he is ready for others to ride him. However he is a bit lame due to his frogs shedding and leaving huge (3/4 inch holes around the frog area) very strange...

This week we have camp..Advanced..more like intermediate...Ariona Franklin, Angelica Sarn and Kelsey Sugrue. I have been praying for safety, souls, and a good camp. Mom wants to have kids club on Thursday. We invited the smith kids (thompson house) and I would like to invite the brantly children...but their phone number changed and I see them rarely. Maybe I should go knock on the door (ugg...I need more obedience in that area).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home