Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today I am sitting here after a week of living and going to school in Lychburg VA. My Liberty experience has been a blessing over all. I am taking Coun 505 which is about individual counseling. I got to experience in role plays what it is like to try to counsel someone It's kind of hard to sit and try to find the right questions to ask someone in order to find out what is wrong with him or her. Then to know how to help them to get better...that's an entirely different issue. I believe that if someone does not want help it is impossible to give it to him or her. Teaching only requires expressing content...counseling is suppose to change the way people think or act. I'm lucky if I can even convince a person to go to the store or the movies with me much less to stop having panic attacks or to get off of drugs!

A is a nice girl. I am glad that I traveled down here with her. She has tried to be kind and considerate but we have 2 different styles of operating. She was taking the group processes class. She has learned a lot about herself and has done some healing. She managed to spook me about taking the class, but I think that I am a more emotionally whole person than she is and that it won't be as hard on me.

I am definately ready to go home. I am tired. Of course when I get home I need to find someone to do this group project with.......wonder who needs their problems explored...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home