Monday, May 26, 2008


It's been five months since I last wrote. I started a new blog for the riding school. Maybe that's why I write less in this one. However this one is the one that is of personal significance to me.

The knee continues to improve. I believe the knee itself is fine. However the muscles in the leg continue to need to be strengthened. I stopped going to physical therapy in February (28th!).

I think the biggest change has been little Desi died ON MY BIRTHDAY. He had been sick for about since the Wed of that week. He had a nose bleed issue and he stopped eating at first on a Wed night. I know because I got called home from church on a night when I was suppose to teach (spiritual birthday night). He died on the 22nd, a Saturday. He was 33 years old. I miss him a lot.

A positive change is that I got a CUTE dog named Tejas from the Humane Society. She is a Gordon Setter cross (maybe pure bred). She is very trained, but she likes to flush cats and chase them. Originally mother was suppose to get a dog. So she looked once at the shelter and then I browsed online and showed her Tejas. (Original name Tara at the shelter). She liked her so mom and dad went to get her on a Wed night. However the little dog (21 inches; 40 pounds) pulls on the leash. So mom couldn't handle her. So I got the job of walking her and since she cried at night I started letting her sleep at the foot of my bed. Now the dog thinks she is my dog and I kind of agree. She got horribly sick last weekend throwing up and diarrhea on and off from Fri-Sun.
Her tricks are sit, stay, stop, go, paw, roll over, heel (ya right) and she is house trained. I am trying to get her calm around the cats and I want to get her an electronic fence system that will keep her around the house.

I went to Montana in March. It was challenging because the course Coun 521 was a busy, busy course and I was still taking 512 (Group). However I managed to get a good visit in and I kept my grades up by the end of the semester (I think I got 3 As last semester).

Now I have 1 more class and then I can start my internship unless I decide to complete the 60 hour program and then do the internship. However I think I should go ahead and get the clinical hours in. I need to start earning money instead of just spending it.

I agreed to help with Diane Gordan's wedding music. That went pretty well. We need some better sheet music and she made some changes. However we seem to have a good start on the whole thing. Several girls will be singing one song (Ashley, Ginie, Joanna & Rachel).

School has gotten busier and busier every semester. This one has a lot of reading from the DSM-IV-TR. I am hoping to use the next few days to catch up, especially today. Mom and Dad are in Montana. Bless her heart Annamarie is here doing the AM horse work. Today is Memorial Day. I might go to Kathleen's later today for a picnic. I'll see.

Now I need to take the hairy monster (that's what the cats call Tajes) out for a walk. I hope to study on the porch today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home