Friday, November 03, 2006

Well, my schooling has become more intense. I am not taking 2-3 credit classes every semester. The classes are divided into 8 week sessions. The first one I took was very intense, but I made it though with a 93.49% which in that class=A. Finally an A in my program! I thought I would never get above a B. Yes it's a 90, 80 70, 60 scale, but still I did it.

Now I am taking a theories class. I have a 15 page paper due at the end of the 8 weeks. So I need to hustle to keep up. I'm up to date almost right now. I slowed down due to being sick for the last 3 days. I hope to pick up the pace now that I seem to be getting better.

I had to put Duchess to sleep last Friday. She was 15 and her cancer really overtook her. At the end whe was throwing up, and and unable to get off the floor. Once I took her to the vet her breathing got worse and blood was coming from her mouth. So I am glad I put her to sleep, but wish that I had decided to stay in the room until she was put to sleep so that they would not have delayed. I didn't want to stay so the tech took her to a back room to wait. I hope they did it soon. The place was so busy that I worried about that. I had bad dreams for 2 nights after imagining her waiting and other things. I won't make that mistake again.

I went to Montana oct 19-25. The trip was nice, but I always find that type of travel to be stressful. I am not real comfortable in the RV. I don't like the bed. But, it's cheaper and more convenient than a hotel and I value the privacy. I played cars a lot with Daniel and Ruth. We let the kids ride a couple of times and went to Butte one day for groceries. I got there a day later than I intended due to a cancelled flight out of Latrobe. The Lord knew best. I taught a salvation message that night and then didn't get home until 10? I still hadn't packed a bag due to trying to finish my course and clean up all the house areas (esp the dining room table and my room) that my parents wanted cleaned up. So I guess I needed an extra day. I did get to see my horse on thrusday. I had my flight 4pm thurs rather than 6:40 am. I stayed at the super 8 that night and then drove to suzannes in the morning after a trip to Walmart.

I think Mike and Suzanne are learning about waiting on and depending on God. They have not been able to sell the log house in Ennis. I pray that they can soon.

Sean's unemployment ran out about a week ago. He has never had nothing to fall back on before. I feel for him. I think the Lord is trying to teach him to be more responsible about finding employment rather than depending on unemployment. I hope that he learns quickly so that the Lord can make his situation easier again. He is much more diligent in the job search now. He was suppose to go to Florida for the air force--first it was oct 5, then, nov 20 and now jan 20. He may not go due to needing to get a job. He has money saved, but that will all disappear fast while he lives on it. He hopes to supplement his income by working 1/2 days at the base. Of course when he is desperate, he tends to take ANYTHING that comes along, no matter were it may send him in the world.

I wonder about people I have tried to outreach to. Jill is having touble getting motivated to go to church despite a lack of encouragement from her husband. Ihave been praying for her. Debbie Mathias almost never makes it to church due to poor health (cancer) and a lack of motivation. I seem to lack the motiavtion to help her though this. Or even to remember to pray for her sometimes. I get so self involved especially when I get busy or sick.

My prayer/devotional life has suffered in the last 10 weeks or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home