Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sean called me on Friday morning to tell me that his Dad died early that morning. (Nov 10). I had just gotten off of Reo (a naughty pony I was training) and was trying to get ready to catch the horses for the trail ride when the phone rang. I answered and it was him. He asked if I could talk or was I busy. I said, that I was a little busy but that I could talk some. He told me that his Dad had died and that Crystal his niece had been there with his dad "monitoring" him. She said that he passed away peacefully.

I told him I was so sorry. I reminded him "aren't you glad Brian went to visit him Tuesday". Brian went at Sean's request to visit his Dad. He brought Mrs. Cody a candle (he came unaccounced) and asked if he could pray with his dad. First he read to him about heaven, from revelation, then he said "if I'm worth my salt as a pastor I have to ask you how you will get to heaven," and Mr. Cody said, "Jesus. " At some point Mr. Cody closed his eyes and described the fruit trees in heaven, with such vivid detail it was like he was seeing it in a vision. Brian said it was a very powerful encounter.

Sean said he was very glad that Brian had visited. I told him you will see him again someday, in heaven. I told him that I really thought he had gotten saved. Sean said that he heard his dad saying in his sleep "wretched sinner that I am"..he was definately thinking about what Sean and Patty had shared with him out of the gospel.

Sean asked me to call the church people. So I called Hipples, Millers, Parkers, Amy, Jim Kelly, Joe and Annamarie Keller. I emailed Aunt Elice, Dai, Premjit, and Katie Hartman. Then today I called with more accurate information: Louise, Joe, Jim Kelly, Ellen Procter, Hipples, Hines, Carol Benson, and Lisa Lundie. I need to call Annamarie with the corrected viewing times in the morning.

I sent a plant to Sean's mom's house. Tonight he called me and thanked me for it. He thought it was really nice. He was happy Jim Kelly had called him..LOL I had given Jim the phone number. He wanted to have Parkers number because his family wants to borrow the gym to have a meal in on Monday after the funeral.

Viewing 2-4,6-8 Sunday at the Ott Funeral Home
Departing prayers Monday at the Ott Funeral Home
Funeral 10 at the Immaculent Conception Catholic church..
I get to miss work I guess. I wasn't planning to go to the graveside, but I might. I'll see how it goes.
Catholic take on a funeral ugg. I guess I will call up my boss and tell her I need the whole day off.

Last night my sleep was disturbed. I kept dreaming about Sean's situation with his dad passing away. I guess I was empathizing.

In other news, until today the weather has been beautiful. I rode Sonny Tues-Friday..he has been great! Especially yesterday.

Democrats won the Congress narrowly. So I guess I'm ready for the rapture now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home